I cannot believe I am making this card for my granddaughter, Sydney, so far in advance. Her birthday isn't until 13 September. I'm usually rushing around making a card and trying to get it in the mail before her birthday! I love these two little girls from a Kind Word and they are perfect for my 10 year old granddaughter.
I decide to use Parisian Breeze DSP which retired last month (boohoo!). This DSP was my favorite from the 2009 Spring Summer Catalog.
Thanks for stopping by!
To purchase any of these supplies or shop 24/7, click here
This card size is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. Take a 5 1/2 x 11 piece of Baja Breeze card stock. Fold in half using your bone folder to give a nice smooth crease. Set it aside.
- Take the Parisian Breeze DSP (retired) and cut it 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 and set aside
- Take a piece of Baja Breeze and cut it 5 1/4 x 2 1/2 . Layer it with the DSP.
- Take a piece of White Organdy Ribbon (approx 9 inches) and tie in a knot. Cut the ribbon approx 2 inches to the right of the knot. Since the knot is off center, you'll need to wrap the shorter end around the DSP (right side (see picture)). Secure the other side around the strip of Baja Strip (see picture). The back will not show since it is adhered to the DSP and you are saving your precious ribbon!
- Take a 5 1/2 x 6 inch piece of Whisper White card stock and run it through the Big Shot using the Oval Frame.
- Take a 5 1/2 x 6 inch piece of Baja Breeze and also run through Big Shot using the Oval Frame. Using the white gel pen, add dots to the scallop frame (see picture) Set aside to dry
- Stamp your image with Black Stazon.
- Color the image with Stampin' Write Markers as desired. If I didn't have a marker, I used a blender pen with the ink pad.
- Add Baja Breeze (with aqua painter) lightly around image to give it some definition. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp Happy Birthday on a piece of Whisper White card stock. Punch out with the 1 3/4 Circle punch.
- Take a piece of Baja Breeze and punch out a circle using the 1 3/8 Circle punch. Adhere to the Whisper White Circle. Punch a small hole near the top of sentiment and tie to the Organdy knot with Silver cord.
- Add all the layers except for the scallop oval frame to the base card.
- Adhere the main image to the Baja Breeze Scallop Frame.
- Center and adhere it to the card.
- You're finished! If you have any questions or I am not clear, please e-mail me.
- Stamp Set: A Kind Word (113194)
- Paper: Whisper White (100730), Baja Breeze (retired), Parisian Breeze Designer Series Paper (retired)
- Ink: Black Stazon(101406), Baja Breeze (retired), Riding Hood Red (retired)
- Accessories: Close to Cocoa (100072), Creamy Caramel (100078), More Mustard (100076), Barely Banana (100039), Certain Celery (105106), Pretty in Pink (100045) Stampin' Write Markers, Blender Pen (102845), Aqua Painter (103954), Uni-ball White Gel Pen (105021), 1 1/4 Circle Punch (104403), 1 3/8 Circle Punch (104401), White Organdy Ribbon (retired), Silver Cord (retired), Big Shot (113439), Oval Scallop Frame Bigz Die (114521)