Gretchen Barron has started featuring a card sketch on her blog every Thursday. I decided to participate in her first challenge. Here's the sketch
Here's my card
I used Perfect Plum Patterns Designer Series Paper; the color theme was Perfect Plum and Whisper White – not quite monochromatic. The main image was stamped in Black Stazon, colored with a blender pen and Perfect Plum Classic Ink (for the lighter shade) and in the Perfect Plum Stampin' Write Marker for the darker areas. The centers of the flowers are colored in Summer Sun; the leaves with the Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers and the vase with the Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Marker.
- Layer 1: Base Card – Cut Perfect Plum card stock to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 and fold in half using a bone folder for a sharp crease.
- Layer 2: Cut Perfect Plum Patterns DSP to 5 1/4 x 4 and adhere to base card
- Layer 3: Cut Perfect Plum card stock to 5 1/4 x 2 1/4 and punch border with the Scallop Border Punch
- Layer 4: Cut Perfect Plum Patterns DSP to 5 1/4 x 1 3/4 and adhere to layer 3. Adhere layers 3 & 4 to base card as shown in photo
- Attach white ribbon as shown in photo
- Layer 5: Cut Whisper White card stock with Circle Scissors Plus and adhere as shown in photo. Trim left side
- Take scrap of Whisper White card stock and stamp image using Black Stazon. Color in image. Using Paper Snips cut out image and mount on card stock using Stampin' Dimensionals – see photo for placement.
- Add half pearls from Pretties Kit
Thanks for visiting – now I have to get back to My Digital Studio – it is so addicting!
- Stamp Set: Bloomin' Beautiful (111490)
- Paper: Whisper White (100730), Perfect Plum (101889), Perfect Plum Patterns DSP (112158)
- Ink: Jet Black Stazon (101406), Perfect Plum (101437)
- Accessories: Blender Pens (102845), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Circle Scissors Plus (112530), Whisper White Organza Ribbon (114319) Paper Snips (103579), Pretties Kit (109114)