I had a last minute request for a teenage boy's birthday card. I decided to use the Extreme Surfboard stamp – I'm extremely happy with the way it came out even though I almost ruined when I stamped Happy Birthday on the upper right hand. Did I save the card? What do you think?
I had stamped the Happy Birthday directly on the card and smeared the black ink. At first I thought "Oh no!" and I was so disappointed it because I had put a lot of work into the washed background. So then I got the idea to stamp Happy Birthday on a separate piece of card stock and then use the oval punches. The oval punch hid my mistake.
I first stamped the image on the watercolor paper in Black Craft Ink and then embossed with the Clear Emboss Powder. The white was created by sponging White craft Ink with a sponge dauber and then embossing with Clear Emboss Powder.
I then washed the background with the colors Bashful Blue and Baja Breeze. I soaked it good with a water spray then applied the colors with the aqua painter moving the colors around until I got the desired effect.
- Layer 1 or Base Card: Cut Bashful Blue card stock to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and fold in half using the bone folder for a sharp crease.
- Layer 2: Cut Basic Black card stock to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
- Layer 3: Cut Watercolor paper to 4" x 5 1/4" – follow directions above
- Layer 4: Take a scrap piece of Bashful Blue card stock and stamp Happy Birthday, then punch out with small oval punch
- Layer 5: Take a scrap piece of Basic Black card stock and punch out with the oval punch
- Layer 6: Take a scrap piece of Basic Black card stock and punch out with the word window punch
When card front is dry or you can use the heat tool to speed the process, assemble as shown in photo.
Thanks for visiting!
- Stamp Set: Extreme Surfboard (115173); Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
- Paper: Watercolor Paper, Bashful Blue (105120), Basic Black (102851)
- Ink: Basic Black Craft Ink (102192), Whisper White Craft Ink (101731), Basic Black Classic Ink, Bashful Blue Classic Ink (105209), Baja Breeze Classic Ink (retired)
- Accessories: Large Oval Punch (107305) Small Oval Punch (107304), Word Window Punch (105090), Soft Subltes Brads (106954), Aqua Painter (103954), Sponge Daubers (102892), Clear Emboss Powder (109130)