Good Morning Stampers:
I made a clean and simple card for the Operation Write Home Spring Break Blog and was in the mood for another CAS one. It uses the same colors and card stock.
The flower is made using the Faux Suede Technique. I first punched out the flower using the 5-Petal Flower punch, then tightly crumpled it up and broke down the fibers with a bone folder. I was then able to carefully separate the card stock into two pieces (2 flowers).
There are four layers in the flower. I inserted one of the rhinestone brads from the Pretties Kit through all layers and attached it to the card using mini glue dots.
The final touch was the Real Red 3/4" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon along the side of the flower border.
I'm working on the video on how to make the flower and the slot at the top of the card. It should be ready in a couple of days. I'm using a new video camera (Flip) so please bear with me.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Don't forget about the two contests for this month – drawing on 31 Mar 2010:
- Leave a comment on any post (chance to win Good Neighbors Clear Mount Stamp Set)
- Shop via my on-line store (no minimum required) (chance to win Happy Moments Clear Mount Stamp Set)
- Stamp Set: Vintage Vogue (wood mount 117690) (clear mount 118598), Well Scripted (wood mount 117072) (clear mount 118601)
- Paper: Confetti White card stock (102028), Real Red card stock (103133)
- Ink: Real Red Classic Ink (103133)
- Accessories: Pretties Kit (109114), Real Red Polka Dot 3/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (115608), 5-Petal Flower Punch (109041), Bone Folder (102300), Mini Glue Dots (103683)