Good Morning Stampers:
Today's card features the stamp set Elements of Style from the Summer Mini Catalog. This set was given to all the attendees of the Leadership Training Conference held in Phoenix, AZ in January. It's a gorgeous set and part of Shelli's collection.
What I did:
- Ruby Red card stock was cut to 5 1/2" x 11". I folded it in half using the bone folder to give a sharp crease.
- The next layer (So Saffron card stock was cut to 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" and fed through the Big Shot using Backgrounds I Texturz Plates.
- I added Riding Hod Red Satin ribbon (retired) and tied a bow at the right side (see photo)
- I then cut a 3.75" circle from Very Vanilla Card stock and layered it with the pattern paper from the Write Stuff Designer Series. The pattern paper was fed through the Big Shot using the Bigz Die Scallop Circle.
- The main image was stamped in Basic Brown and colored in using an aqua painter and So Saffron, Ruby Red and Old Olive Classic Inks. After it dried I spritzed it with the Color Spritzer Tool and the Creamy Caramel Stampin' Write Marker to give it that vintage feel.
- The half pearls were added to give it an elegant aged look. Note: The pearls were made using crystal effects, shimmer paint and So Saffron Reinker. I saw this technique on one of the blogs but I can't remember who had it. What you do is combine crystal effects, shimmer paint and So Saffron Reinker but I don't have the measurements. When I did it, I just guess at the combination.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
To purchase any of the supplies for this card or to shop 24/7, click here
- Stamp Set: Elements of Style (w 118611) (c 120045)
- Paper: Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650), Ruby Red Card Stock (102259), So Saffron Card Stock (105118), Write Stuff Specialty Designer Series Paper (115674)
- Ink: Basic Brown (104315), So Saffron Classic Ink (105213), Ruby Red Classic Ink (102259), Old Olive Classic Ink (102277)
- Accessories: Aqua Painter (103954), Creamy Caramel Stampin' Write Marker (100078), Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Riding Hood Red Satin Ribbon (retired), Circle Scissors Plus (112530), Scallop Circle Die (113468), Big Shot (113439), Backgrounds I Texturz Plates (114512)