Good Morning Stampers
If you read yesterday's post, you know that we are getting new colors and losing some colors on 1 July 2010. I am so excited about the new colors and not sorry (okay a little bit) about the retiring colors. Though I will miss Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Pale Plum and Almost Amethyst, I never did like using the other ones such as Only Orange, Ballet Blue, Yoyo Yellow, Orchid Opulence, etc. etc. I will not miss most of the departing colors. And they are bringing back some of my favorite in-colors like Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, River Rock andWild Wasabi WHOOHOO!
Today's card features Garden From the Heart from the Occasions Mini Catalog. It started out as the Monday Mojo Challenge, but I changed it too much and will not be submitting it to their blog.
What I did:
- Naturals Ivory card stock was used for the main image. It was fed through the Big Shot using the Original Dies Ovals. I cut the 2nd layer (free hand) under the oval using the paper snips. I used Dotto as a temporary adhesive while I cut the layer.
- Image (called Garden from the Heart is from the Occasions Mini) was stamped with Basic Brown. The hat was colored in using an aqua painter and Close to Cocoa Classic Ink. The flowers were colored in using the Pretty in Pink and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers. The Hat band was paper pieced using pattern paper from the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack. Reminder both Garden from the Heart and Sweet Pea DSP are on sale only until 30 April 2010.
- The base layer is Pretty in Pink card stock. The next layer is striped pattern paper from the Sweet DSP. The middle strip was fed through the Big Shot using the Finial Press Textured Embossing Folder. I then punched along both long sides using the Scallop Border Trim Punch which will be available in the new 2010/2011 Idea Book and Catalog. Good thing because it turned out to be a very popular item.
- The ribbon is Chocolate Chip 15/16" Satin Ribbon which is retired.
- The half pearls are from my LSS.
Thanks for stopping by today.
To order supplies for this card or to shop 24/7, click here
What to Order