Good Morning Stampers
I received my box of goodies from the Summer Mini Catalog and wanted to start using them but I had already started this card and I thought I would finish it before I started a new project. I pull out the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder from the Summer Mini which was in the box used it for my card in lieu of the pattern paper I was going to use.
I love the way this came out! The technique is called Black Magic and I first saw it on Lee Conrey's Blog.
What I did:
- I stamped my image (from Wings of Friendship, Level 2 Hostess Stamp Set) using Whisper White Craft Ink onto Basic Black card stock. Because I am impatient, I used the heat tool to speed up the drying time. I colored over the white image using multiple colors for the flowers, leaves, stems and bird.
- I punched out the colors of the Basic Black card stock (main image), Bermuda Bay card stock and Garden Green card stock. Adhered all three layers together.
- I fed the Bermuda Bay card stock through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder to give the background texture and dimension. I then added the Black Satin Ribbon and three brads from the Vintage Brad collection.
- Everything was layered together as shown in photo.
Thanks everyone for visiting today – hope to see you tomorrow. Goodie – now on to play with my new toys!
To order any of the supplies for this card or to shop 24/7, click here
What to Order:
- Stamp Set: Wings of Friendship (Hostess Level 2 Stamp Set) (114308)
- Paper: Basic Black card stock (102851) Bermuda Bay card stock (115317), Garden Green card stock (102584)
- Ink: White Craft Ink (101731)
- Accessories: Watercolor Pencils (1010879), Vintage Brads (109109), Black Satin Ribbon (117285), Mat Pack(105826), paper Piercing Tool (116631), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Ticket Corner Punch (107214) Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (119976), Big Shot (113439), Heat Tool (100005)