Good Morning Stampers – Happy Mother's Day
In celebration of Mother's Day, please indicate who is your favorite TV Series Mom! The role of the TV Mom has evolved over the years in the ever changing positions in the family, in the workplace and society.
We've gone from the Margaret Anderson (Father Knows Best), ) and June Cleaver (Leave it to Beaver), to Ann Romano (One Day at a Time), Bea Arthur (Maude), to Reba Mcentire (Reba) Christine Campbell (New Adventures of the Old Christine).
I can tell you my favorites in terms of growing up: (and yes, I'm dating myself!)
- 1950's – Jane Wyatt from Father Knows Best
- 1960's – Mary Tyler Moore from the Dick Van Dyke Show
- 1970's – Bonnie Franklin from One Day at a Time
- 1980's – Roseanne from Roseanne
- 1990's – Patricia Richardson from Home Improvement
- 2000's – Julia Louis Dryfus from the New Adventures of the Old Christine
My all time favorite is Roseanne. I know that she was not everyone's cup of tea but I really enjoyed her role as a tough but tender wise-cracking Mom. Besides that was the first time I was introduced to George Clooney and you know how I feel about George Clooney.
Leave me a comment and let me know who was/is your favorite TV Mom.
Thanks for visiting today