From past experience, I have a few suggestions/tips especially for newbies.
1. Everything will be wiped out by SU! on July 1. If you have started a demo order of current items that haven’t retired and then plan to pull it out of Modify and add new items to it on July 1, you will discover that your carefully placed order is not in Modify Status, or anywhere!
2. Not sure how many demos there are, but approximately 99% of them will be on-line at 12:01 P.M. Mountain time. If you are willing to wait an hour, or three, you’ll be a lot happier and so will SU!’s computer system.
3. NOTHING is going to ship before Tuesday, July 5th. Remember orders need to be in by 11:00 A.M. for expedited shipping. Since SU! is shut down all weekend, and the new system won’t be up until after noon, all orders will need to be in by 11:00 A.M. on Tuesday to be expedited (at least, this is my understanding). Orders will be filled in the order they are submitted, but if it’s expedited and in before 11:00 on Tuesday, it should be one of the first 100,000 shipped.
4. Many demos, despite John’s advice, will use this order to get everything they want for the year and to get a Level 3 (now perhaps that one half-price) item. If you want it expedited, and are trying to raise your order to $500 (or now, maybe $400), you would need 10 items that ended in $.95 to get to exactly $500 and not go over and therefore incur the $40 expedited shipping fee. Several people pointed out to me that now, with My Digital Studio, you can actually go over the $500 mark with MDS items because shipping is not charged on them. However as I write this, it occurs to me that to get that half-price item you only need $400, so the above may be a moot point. However, I would check the shipping charges before I place my order just to make sure they haven’t lowered the limit.
5. And, once again, order only what you NEED for the first month. That CAN include new products you want to show off at your open house, sample of hostess gifts you plan to give, etc. Just remember the pre-order for the Holiday Mini begins August 1. . .