This is from one of the forums I belong to – thought you might be interested on how to promote the Occasions (love it!!!) and the Sale-a-bration catalogs.
Okay, so everyone has had a couple of weeks to ogle with the customer eyes, and some of us have procrastinated about the Mini, because everything is amazing and fabulous of course, but a couple of weeks ago we reviewed the mini when it was fresh off the presses.
We focused a lot on finding great combinations out of the mini that would be easily promotable during Sale A Bration. Of course we want to upsell in order to help our customers get more product in their hands!!!
- Apothecary Art and Labels framelits- over $50
- Mixed Bunch stamp set, the punch and the Blossom Builders – that's about $50 so that puts them at SAB level.
- The Cookies presses both sets, the Kraft gift boxes and the sweet shop paper is over $50
- Take it to Heart, Loving Thoughts, Framelits dies is $74.85 or $47.90 w/o the dies.
- The Love & Laughter set, WEdding Words Wheel, White Waffle Paper, hearts Fraemelits would be a good class
- What about a class with the Simply Sent card kit and the Designer Cuts Cards & Envelopes—add ribbon and buttons to show them how easy these cards kits are to use.
- Now don't forget about those a la carte stamps – they are awesome for kicking up orders to the next level when you are a bit short.~ Brenda
- Typewriter set- You could have people create an entire set of notecards out of that – stamp a stack!
- Don't forget that there are a number of things that are available as digital downloads, making the items a lot more cost effective.
- ARADD for me – age related attention deficit disorder (I think this is what Ellen asked me to put in the recap, haha)
- Remember that the dies and punches usually carry over just because of the sheer cost to bring them to the market.
- Krista Said, “I melted candy melts and spread it on the cookie press and let them sit to harden. Carefully bent the cookie press away from the chocolate and had cute rounds of impressed chocolate.
- Use the cookie presses to make the cinnamon ornaments
- But, just make sure your customers know that you are using all food play doh or whatever it's called, so they don't assume that you can use them on anything and all stuff. ~ Krista
- There is always the flour and salt play dough though… food for thought J