Even though Sale-a-bration is a couple of months away, thought you may be interested in how to make this one a successful one!
Steps to a Successful Sale-a-Bration
Sale-A-Bration (SAB) is more than just an annual sales event. It's an opportunity for you to increase sales during what might otherwise be a slow sales period. You won’t want to miss out on the easiest time of year to sell SU. Everyone benefits, the hostess, the customer and you.
1. Sit down and write out your goal for SAB.
- How many workshops do you want?
How many recruits?
2. Open Your Calendar and book, book, book!
- This week, sit down and map out your calendar for SAB. Choose the dates you want to hold workshops in January and February and highlight them. (I book WS on Tuesdays and Thursday evenings. I have set my goal at 6-8 WS a month, when the 8 are booked I am out of dates and if someone wants to host a WS I have them do a catalog show (last year one of my catalog shows went $750. Also I am trying to work consistently rather than feast and famine.)
- Call Three people a day until you have at least the first two weeks in January booked.
- If you need to get your SAB a jump start, hold and Open House as early in January as you can. Offer a booking incentive that day for anyone who books a workshop.
3. Prepare, Prepare, Prepare In the next two weeks prepare for SAB and you will be able to enjoy the busy months more.
- Hostess Packets – Refer to your goal for SAB. If you want 10 WS make up at least 10 hostesses packets.
- Recruit Packets- If you want 2 recruits make up 20 recruit packets to HAND them out during SAB. Don’t forget the follow up calls once you have given them to someone.
- Planning – Set up one day to prepare for your January WS. Plan to do the same WS throughout the month. If you have repeat customers change the colors or stamp set (it will look completely new but you won’t have all the planning and time in) Keep your workshops SIMPLE. I think this is the hardest thing for most demonstrators. Every time I do a 10-10-10 or stamp a stack they love the simple card! SU gives us ideas each month in the Stampin’ Success and the Workshop Wizard on the demo website, we can make being a demonstrator as easy or as complicated as we want.
4. Sit Back RELAX and have Fun!
- One of the reasons I became a SU demonstrator was for the “FUN”. I try hard to remember that and focus on it. Bookings will come naturally if people are having a good time. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like to have fun! So prepare now for a great SAB and then you will be able to enjoy each workshop instead of feeling the pressure of to much at one time!
Sometimes accountability is the difference between achieving our goals or not. If you have upline this is a perfect opportunity for you to ask for their help. Email or call them with your goals and ask them to help you stay on track. As and upline I would be thrilled with this request. If you don’t have active upline find another demo friend to share your goals with and ask them to help you stay on track.