Just Because Card
You don’t need a special occasion to send this sweet card. Warm a friend’s winter day by letting them know you are thinking of them.
- Stamps: (wood 131886, clear 131889) Oh, Goodie!, (wood 131056, clear 131059) A Dozen Thoughts
- Classic Ink Pads: (126982) Pool party, (126986) Island Indigo
- 8 1/2 X 11″ Cardstock: (101849) Naturals Ivory, (122924) Pool Party, (101650) Very Vanilla
- Designer Series Paper: (130129) Etcetera Punches: (119858) Boho Blossom, (119857) Word Window
- Other: (113439) Big Shot Die Cut Machine, (129983) Chalk Talk Framelits, (127749) Chevron Embossing Folder,(101610) Stamping Sponges, (104430) Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Cut card base from Naturals Ivory cardstock to 8 1/2 X 5 1/2″. Cut Etcetera DSP to 5 1/4 X 4. Cut Very Vanilla strip 3 3/4 X 6/8″ and a Pool Party strip that measures 4 X 7/8″.
- Fold card base in half. Attach Etcetera DSP to the front of the card.
- Using the Big Sot and the Chalk Talk Framelits, cut the largest tag from Very Vanilla Cardstock. Attach a 1″strip of Pool Party cardstock to middle of tag. Trim edges to even with the tag. Run this layered tag through the Big Shot using the Chevron Embossing Folder.
- Sponge edges of tag with Stamping Sponges and Pool Party ink. Embellish center of tag with Rhinestones as pictured.
- Punch Boho Blossom flowers with Pool Party paper. Use fingers to shape these flowers in a concave shape. Layer them, beginning with the largest flower. Add a rhinestone to the center of these layered flowers.
- Stamp “XOXO” from the Oh, Goodie! set with Pool Party ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock. Use the Word Window punch to cut this sentiment out. Shorten this piece by reinserting it into the punch, align the edges and punch a second time.
- Stamp “just because” sentiment with Island Indigo ink on the Very Vanilla 3 3/4 X 6/8″ strip. Layer this onto the 4 X 7/8″ strip of Pool Party.
- Attach tag onto the center of the DSP using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Attach the Boho Blossom flower to the center cut section of the Chalk Talk tag opening. Place the “XOXO” image on bottom right corner of tag using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach “just because” layered sentiment along bottom edge of DSP.
Follow my Heart Scrapbook Page (8×8)
Make a romantic gesture with the Follow My Heart Stamp Set. Tell someone how you really feel be it your husband, friend or relative.
- Stamp Set: (Clear #134614) (Wood #134611) Follow my Heart Stamp Set
- Paper: (#100730) Whisper White Card Stock, (#102482) Real Red Card Stock, (#121045) Basic Black Card Stock, (#126926) Modern Medley Designer Series Paper
- Ink: (#126949) Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad, (#10052) Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker, (#10082) Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker
- Accessories: (#113439) Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, (#125599) Hearts Collection Framelits Die, (#130917) Beautifully Baroque Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, (#124262) White Baker’s Twine, (#109070) Whisper White 3/8” Taffeta Ribbon, (#14430) Stampin’ Dimensionals, (#110755) Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive, (#126889) Stampin’ Trimmer
- Trim Basic Black Card Stock to 8” x 8”
- Trim Modern Medley Designer Series Paper to 7 7/8” x 7 7/8”
- Adhere Designer Series Paper to Basic Black Card stock and set aside
- Trim Real Red Card Stock to 3” x 3”
- Trim Basic Black Card Stock to 2 7/8” x 2 7/8”
- Adhere Basic Black Card Stock to Real Red Card Stock and set aside
- Trim Whisper White Card Stock to 2 ¼” x 1 ½”
- Trim Real Red Card Stock to 2 3/8” x 1 5/8”
- Stamp sentiment from Follow My Heart Stamp Set onto Whisper White Card Stock and adhere to Real Red Card Stock and set aside
- Die cut Real Red Card Stock (Scraps) (3 hearts) using the Hearts Collection Framelits Dies
- Run all 3 hearts through Big Shot using the Beautiful Baroque Embossing Folder
- Color White Bakers Twine (5” of twine) with the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker and set aside
- Color Whisper White 3/8” Taffeta Ribbon (2” of ribbon) with the Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker and set aside
- Attach twine to back of hears with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Adhere to scrapbook page (see photo for placement)
- Tie ribbon into knot and adhere to scrapbook page (see photo for placement). Trim ends.
- Adhere 3” x 3” card stock (black/red) to scrapbook page with Stampin’ Dimensionals (see photo for placement).
- Adhere sentiment to scrapbook page with Stampin’ Dimensionals (see photo for placement)
Love you More Technique
Just in time for Valentines, Stampin’ Up has a brand new adorable stamp set called “Love you More”. Available only until January 27th. Perfect for the paper piecing technique to make a fun and colorful card!
- STAMPS: 131853 Love you More (Clear), 131850 Love you More (Wood)
- INK: 101406 Black StazON, 131178 Strawberry Slush, 131171 Bermuda Bay, 131173 Crushed Curry
- CARDSTOCK: 131197 Bermuda Bay, 100730 Whisper White, 131199 Crushed Curry, 131295 Strawberry Slush, 121045 Basic Black
- ACCESSORIES: 132995 Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper*, 120906 2.5” Circle Punch, 103579 Paper Snips Scissors, 131262 Regals Stampin’ Write Markers, In Color 2013-2015 Stampin’ Write Markers, 130931 Brights Candy Dots, 104430 Dimensionals
- Cut your cardstock as follows: a. Bermuda Bay 8.5 x 5.5” b. Whisper White (2 pieces): 5.25 x 4” c. Basic Black: 3.75 x 3.75” d. Designer Paper (2 pieces): 1.75 x 1.75” e. Strawberry Slush: 1.75 x 1.75” f. Crushed Curry: 1.75 x 1.75”
- On one of the white pieces of cardstock, stamp the saying very close to the bottom with Black StazOn ink. Let it Dry.
- With the Strawberry Slush marker and the Crushed Curry marker colour in the words as shown.
- Attach stamped white cardstock to the folded Bermuda Bay card base.
- Stamp the bird image with Crushed Curry ink on the other piece of white cardstock. Punch it out with the circle punch.
- Clean the stamp and stamp it again in Strawberry Slush ink, Bermuda Bay ink and Black StazOn on the remaining white cardstock.
- With the paper snips scissors, cut out the heart, the tail the breast and the wing as shown.
- Attach the cut out pieces to the stamped image. This technique is call paper piecing.
- Attach the 4 squares to the larger black square.
- Attach the circle image to the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Add 3 Candy dots in Bermuda Bay in front of the saying.
Color Directly on the Stamp with Markers Technique –
Coloring on Markers was one of my first Techniques that I learned when I started rubber stamping and to this day it is still one of my favorites.
This Technique is perfect when you want to have a couple of different colors on a single image. It would be hard to color the flower, Cherry Cobbler and the stems, Old Olive, if you were using the large stamp pads.
The Stampin’ Write Markers have 2 different ends ~ a brush tip and a fine tip. Using the brush tip color directly onto the rubber image using the SIDE of the marker. DO NOT use the tip as it will eventually shred your marker and you won’t be able to use it. Repeat this process for each color you use.
Once the image has been colored, you “Huff” on it to moisten the ink. It may have started to dry in the process. If it has dried, the ink won’t transfer onto the Card Stock.
Stamp the image.
TIP: I usually start with the lightest color first. In this case it would be the Old Olive. If you start with the darkest color first, let say the Cherry Cobbler, and as you are coloring with the Old Olive Marker, you may accidentally get some of the Cherry obblCer onto the tip. The 2 colors will be mixed on the marker tip. You’ll waste a lot of the Old Olive ink to clean it, if in fact it can be cleaned at all.
STAMPS: Love & Sympathy ~ (128652) Wood OR (122797) Clear
INKS: (119681) Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Marker, (100079), Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker
PAPER: (119685) Cherry Cobbler, (122959), Watercolor Paper, (100702) Old Olive, (101650) Very Vanilla
ACCESSORIES: (102300) Bone Folder, (120907) Decorative Label Punch, (104332) SNAIL Adhesive, (104430) Stampin’ Dimensionals
Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler Card Stock to measure 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Fold in half and crease it with a Bone Folder. This will be your Card Base.
Cut a piece of Watercolor Paper to measure 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″.
Follow the above directions to color the stamp. The Watercolor Paper gives the card the appearance that you actually water colored the image.
Cut a piece of Old Olive Card Stock to measure 2 3/4″ x 4″.
Using SNAIL Adhesive, layer as shown and adhere it to the Cherry Cobbler Card Base.
Color the “Sending Love and Sympathy” using the Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Marker following the above directions. Stamp onto a piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock and punch it out using the Decorative Label Punch. Adhere it to the Card Base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Mix and Matching Technique
Mixing and Matching is one of my favorite things to do. I love to stamp an image and then add a punched image on top to that giving the illusion of a wonderfully crafted card.
Stamps: (133188 wood, 133191 clear) Happy Watercolor, (132022 wood, 126257 clear) Itty Bitty Banners, (133152 wood, 133155 clear)
Paper: Petite Petals Cardstock: (111349) Tangerine Tango, (100730) Whisper White, (119683) Daffodil Delight, (132994) Watercolor Wonder DSP
Ink: (126944) Daffodil Delight, (126946) Tangerine Tango, (131173) Crushed Curry, (101406) Jet Black Stazon
Accessories: (126856) 2012-2014 Stampin’ Write Markers – Gumball Green, (126848) Gumball Green 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon, (133322) Petite Petals Punch, (129267) Bitty Banner Framelits, (102023) Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, (100425) 2-Way Glue Pen, (133324) Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, (113439) Big Shot, (130658) Big Shot Magnetic Platform, (102892) Sponge Dauber, (131259) Brights Stampin’ Write Markers-Tangerine Tango, (104430) Stampin’ Dimensionals
Whisper White 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” and 2” x 4 ½” Tangerine Tango 4” x 5 ¼” Watercolor Wonder DSP 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” Scrap of Daffodil Delight
Rock and Roll 7 Petite Flowers. Rock and Roll is a technique you do with two colors. Take image and ink up with Daffodil Delight (the lighter color) then roll the same stamp in a circle to ink the edges with Crushed Curry (the darker color). Take the Tangerine Tango Marker and color the center of the flower. Huff on the stamp and stamp on Whisper White Cardstock.
Punch out the Petite Petals
Punch the 2” x 4 ½” with Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. Stamp the Happy Watercolor Flowers with the Jet Black Stazon. Color the stem with Gumball Green Marker
Place Dimensionals on the back of each flower and place them on the tag. (Tip: The punched flowers will go over top of the flowers just stamped.)
On the scrap of Daffodil Delight, stamp Thank You in Jet Black Stazon. Put the coordinating Framelit on top and run it through the Big Shot.
Assemble your card starting with all the cardstocks.
Take a sponge dauber and color the edges of the tag in Tangerine Tango
Take the 2-Way glue, and apply glue to the center of all the flowers. Then sprinkle Dazzling Diamond glitter over the top.
Loop the Gumball Green Ribbon through the top of the tag. Add your Dimensionals and adhere it to the top of the card. (I place it at an angle)
Add half cut Dimensionals to the Thank You banner and adhere to card. 12. Viola, you are done