Tool Tip – Paper-Piercing
INTRO: Vintage is all the trend these days. Stitching projects seems so easy, if you have a sewing machine, or needles and the desire to sew. An easy way to achieve this look with out actually whipping out needles, thread and machines?? Paper-Piercing achieves this and with our coordinating Stampin’ Piercing Mats, and tools. Have fun, go vintage and ‘sew’ without a needle and thread! Sew up some love, it’s easier than you would think!!
SUPPLIES STAMPS: Perfectly Penned (#122892) INK: Night of Navy Stampin’ Write Marker (#100069) PAPERS: 11″x5.5″ Night of Navy card stock (#100867), Etcetera Designers Series paper (#130129), Baked Brown Sugar card stock (#131296) ACCESSORIES: Paper-Piercing Tool (#126189), Stampin’ Piercing Mat (#126199), Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (#126187), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439), Big Shot Magnetic Platform (#130658), Adoring Accents Edgelits (#125595), Snail adhesive (#104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430), Decorative Label Punch (#120907), Victoria Crochet Trim (#118481), Stampin’ Trimmer (#126889)
INSTRUCTIONS : NOTE: Adhere the TOP of the Etcetera DSP to the Top of the Scored and Folded 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Night of Navy card stock. This allows it to be held in place when cutting the Adoring Accented Edgelit.
1. Cut an 8-1/2″x 11″ card stock to a 11″ x 5-1/2″ card stock with our Stampin’ Trimmer. Score the 11″ length at 5-1/2″.
2. Use the Adoring Accents Edgelit to cut the open cardstock with your Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and the new Magnetic Platform.
3. Adhere the cut off piece of the Etcetera DSP to the inside edges of the inside of the card. Adhere the other side down as well.
4. Use Paper-piercing Tool & Essential Piercing Guide on the Stampin’ Pierce Mat. Line the black line to the cut edge. Pierce following the guide. Use the same guide to pierce the bottom of the inside of the card stock.
5. Using the fine/pen side of the Night of Navy Stampin’ Write Marker to then connect the dots. Going back and forth is fine as it will look double stitched. Perfection is not necessary, the imperfect is appreciated with the Vintage and Stitched looks.
6. Stamping the Perfectly Penned ‘Thank You’ inked with the brush side of the Night of Navy Stampin’ Write Marker on the Baked Brown Sugar card stock. Punch it out with the Decorative Label punch. Tie the Victoria Crochet Trim to the lower portion of the stamped and punched Thank You. Adhere with the Stampin’ Dimensional adhesive on the lower flap leaving it so that it flaps over the top/larger piece to create a way to hold the larger flap down.
7. The lines of the Adoring Accent Edgelit, Essential Pierced lines, Decorative Label all mimic one another. No stitching required to attain this vintage stitched look.
What fun and so easy, too!